Thursday, June 2, 2011

Izzy's Last Day of Kindergarten

I had every intention (and had even begun writing) an "ode to Kindergarten" for Izzy. It was going to be complete with first/last day photos to note the difference in both height and facial features. I wrote super sappy stuff about her start of K in Greensboro, and the end of K in Charleston. I wrote about how much more I loved her Greensboro experience...as well as all the differences between the two schools. I even started to interview her as to what she liked most/least about her K year in general.

Photobucket

When I asked her what she would miss most her answer was "EVERYTHING!"

Photobucket

At this point in the interview I decided to delete what I had pre-typed for this post and just stop. I needed to stop comparing schools and teachers and really just focus on the now. I have a very happy 6 year old who is loving school. When she started school my wish for her was that she would love to learn, and she does. In fact, she loves it so much that she cried when I picked her up on that last day.

A couple days before school ended the class had a pizza party and awards were given.

Photobucket

Photobucket

the assistant teacher
Photobucket

the "teacher" teacher
Photobucket

Photobucket

me and my boy :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I realize that Izzy will know no different than the experience she is given. While I may want her to be in a smaller school that is not the reality here. The schools are awesome academically and for that I need to be thankful. The schools are top rated in the state, and while it is not the school experience that I had, it is the school experience Izzy will have. ...and she is LOVING it!

Photobucket
(we celebrated with ice cream at Menchies after the last day of school)

1 comments:

~aj~ said...

Yay for Izzy having such a great year, even with the transition. It sounds like she handled it beautifully. And ending the year with ice-cream...perfect!