Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hutchinson Island

Today happened to be Father's Day and while we weren't with our Daddy, I was thanking my lucky stars for him! He works so hard to provide for us and allows me to do what I love the most...be with the kids...and, of course, take care of him :)

Because I don't have an actual "job" job, we are able to do lots of travelling in the summer months. We actually timed our trip to Florida so I was able to meet up with my oldest and dearest friend. We figure we have known each other for nearly 30 years.

We had THE.BEST.TIME. Let me say it again. We had THE.BEST.TIME! We didn't do anything crazy or outrageous, we had kids with us for cryin out loud, but we had a blast. There is something to be said for watching your best friend love on your kids. Meg is a natural with kids - she has 5 total but only 2 were with her. It was 3 days of me with my best friend and my kids. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures. In fact, I didn't get any of Meg and me. Such a shame, really. Between the pool, the beach, the poolside food/beverage service (courtesy of a flag raised on our lounge chair), how could I possibly manage a camera as well?

Photobucket

Photobucket

this is Meg's youngest, Shanan. How cute is he! ...and that is Meg you see grinning in the corner of the 2nd picture.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The days were full of fun in the sun. The nights included late night swims and card games between the girls.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Both boys either hung like champs, or slept, which allowed for Meg and me to catch up. In fact, the night before we left Drew fell asleep at 6:30 and didn't wake until 7:15 the next morning.

Look at how Drew looked after a day at the beach and pool.
Photobucket

and Izzy with her still sandy nose...
Photobucket

While I wasn't with Pete for Father's Day, I was certainly remembering how very fortunate I am to have such a wonderful partner. He takes such good care of us! Not to mention that with all the travel he does we are able to get super awesome upgrades when we travel ;)

0 comments: