Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving we began our road trip to Destin, FL, but before we could leave Mt. P we had a feast a Drew's school. How cute does he look!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this picture of Drew and his buddy Jack. While they were waiting for a turn on the swings they looked like a couple of old men just carrying on a park bench conversation.

Photobucket

Because we didn't leave until 2:30 on Tuesday, we decided to drive as far as Tallahassee and then save the remainder of the trip for Wednesday.

Uncle Wes has a FABULOUS rental property in Destin (if anyone is interested in renting it then let me know...it is a 3 min. walk to the beach! Omi and Papa arrived on Tuesday...we arrived Wednesday shortly after lunch, and Uncle Andy flew his T-38 plane in on Wednesday afternoon.

Photobucket

Fun with Uncle Andy...Drew asked me to "play paparazzi".
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Andy's fiance Nora finally arrived Thanksgiving morning with her dog Nesta and our group was complete!

aren't they so cute :)
Photobucket

Izzy was in heaven with Nesta! For Christmas she told me she wants 100 dogs (and that is down from one million).
Photobucket

My mom is an amazing cook and Thanksgiving dinner was delish! It was so funny because prior to the blessing Drew lead us all in the "Pledge of Allegiance". After dinner all the men crashed into a food coma. Nora took this opportunity to photo bomb some shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Izzy and Drew even got in on the action...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Lots of games were played over Thanksgiving...one favorite was "Spot It" which I picked up before we left. For any friends looking for a super fun game for kids off all ages (adults too) check this one out! We have had SO much fun playing it.

Photobucket

...and what would a trip to Destin be without some beach fun? I was so happy I packed the kids scooters because Wes's place is on a street that was great for the kids to scoot around on. In fact, a favorite scooter game was when someone would call out a name of an adult and the kids would do an impression of that person while on the scooter. For example if I said, "Do Papa", then Izzy would approach us while on her scooter and then in her best Papa voice say, "I want to play golf...NOW!"

For Pete they said, "Kids, shhhh, I'm on a work call!"

For Uncle Wes they said, "I'm crazy Uncle Wes!"

Uncle Andy, "I'm a fighter pilot, vrrrr..."

For Omi, "I have two grandkids that I love soooo much named Izzy and Drew."

For Nora, "I'm getting married to a fighter pilot!"

...and perhaps the most disturbing...

For me, "I like coffee in the morning and cocktails at night!"

Scootin to the beach...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another fun highlight of the trip was getting to see Santa. In Destin he arrives via helicopter! But the helicopter was a little late so we took some family pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally we spotted the helicopter!
Photobucket

and Santa
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And last but not least we celebrated an early birthday for Papa :)
Photobucket

We are so excited that we get to see all these people again at Christmas...and then even more excited for Uncle Andy's wedding in the fall!

0 comments: