Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today I turned 38.

It didn't bother me one bit. In fact I think 38 will be an awesome year! Dare I say I feel content? After 3 years of living in limbo I am finally feeling settled. We are settling nicely into our new house as boxes are unpacked and various things are placed in "storage"...not "storage til we buy a house" or "storage cause we have no place to put it here" but storage til we need it in our new house type storage. Does that even make sense? Probably not?

Anywho. I took my best girl and headed out for an early morning pedi. I even let her pick our color - OPI Excuse Moi!
Photobucket

Photobucket

She also gave me a really sweet gift. It is a necklace that when put together is a heart that says "Mother Daughter". My half is red, my favorite color, and Izzy's is pink, her favorite color. She wanted to buy it with her own money (a gift card she got for Christmas) but Pete was so touched that he paid for it and she was able to get herself something. Rightfully so as I was touched she wanted to spend her money on me. (we are holding the necklace together below)
Photobucket

My afternoon was spent with 4 kids. Nothing says "happy birthday" like agreeing to take on two extra kids. Drew had his buddy Jack over (his sister broke her arm and needed to get a cast on) and Izzy had her friend Brianna over. 9/10 times it is easier to have friends over and this proved to be one of those times. My most difficult task was sitting outside so the kids could ride bikes/scooters...no worries though cause I caught up with my back issues of "US Weekly".

After the kids friends left and Pete returned home we headed out to the Festival of Lights. This festival is big in this town. Actually it isn't even in this town, but it's that big that it transpires across the neighboring towns :) We drove through a 3 mile stretch (I think) of lights/scenes of holiday happiness. There is a Santa's Workshop area to visit at the halfway point, but because my kids weren't aware of all the fun this area offered we chose to skip it. From what I've been told you can visit with Santa (up til the 25th), make smores, take a train ride, shop and do a few crafts. Next year we will let the kids know how much more fun this little gem of a place can be.

Once at home I got to open a couple more presents and have cake. My choice is always the same...DQ ice cream cake. In addition to Izzy's necklace, I to a candle from Drew and a new lens for my camera from Pete. I ALSO picked myself up a new pair of super stylish Ray Ban aviator glasses and my very generous mom got me a pair of Frye boots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and this is Izzy taking pictures of me with the itouch she got for Christmas...
Photobucket

38 ain't startin off too bad...

0 comments: