Sunday, October 7, 2012

Before, During, and After

Well, I am happy to report that the yucks have left our house. Izzy is back to her fiesty self this morning. She woke up at 7:15 telling me that she was "starving". It was a tad to early for me, but a good sign.

So our day of the crud was spent lounging around all day. I think at some points during the day both the family room tv and our bedroom tv were playing kid shows? Izzy just kind of moved from couch to bed to floor trying to get comfortable while watching a day of shows. Drew couldn't have been happier to sit around playing and watching "Izzy's shows".

This is one of my most favorite toys. I think I like it because I find it "educational". Kids learn to both stack the pegs or lace them. I love that both my kids love to play/build with it.

Photobucket

Drew prefers to stack and build tall towers
Photobucket

While Izzy is more about threading and making necklaces
Photobucket

Photobucket

Drew got in on the necklace making too
Photobucket

So, we only had one real major catastrophe yesterday and it occured with both kids simultaneously. I was changing a nasty diaper or Drew's and Izzy jumped up and told me she was going to throw up. I was stuck, frozen as to who to tend to first? Looking back I should have grabbed Izzy and put her on the hardwood floors, but instead I stuck Drew's diaper back on. Izzy tossed her cookies all over the cream colored carpet and then left a trail all the way to the sink. Drew jumped up and followed in Izzy's trail, literally! So now I have Drew and Izzy both in puke. I wiped Izzy down and took off her clothes and then put her on my bed. I stuck Drew in the tub with the water trickling out for him to play in. Then I went downstairs to figure out where to start cleaning.

All in all the day was just VERY long. As you may remember Drew got up at noon so he didn't take a nap.

Izzy did tell me around 6 or so last night that she wanted to go to the pool. I told her that it was too late and it was closing soon. She knows that bedtime follows shortly after the pool closes. I found it interesting that she said to me "Hey mama, I don't think I can go to bed yet because I am still sick". Funny how she would have been well enough to go to the pool, but too sick to go to bed?

Also, Drew did something yesterday that kind of surprised me with his language skills. Drew likes to hold out his fist and tell you to "pound the rock". Well yesterday he told me to pound the rock and after I did he said "pound the rock, AGAIN". I don't think I have heard him use the word "again" before when he wants something repeated? It just stuck with me when he said it so I thought I would share it.

Prior to the crud invading our home we did have some fun with punching balloons.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: