Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Izzy's 4 Year Well Visit

Due to Izzy's broken leg, we have rescheduled her appointment twice. Once for a week after her cast was due to come off, and then once more because she still wasn't weight bearing on that leg at that point. Today was the day.

I like to prepare the kids prior to an appointment so I can answer any questions or alleviate any fears. In my talks with the nurses when figuring out the best time to see Izzy based on her walking ability, I learned she would not be getting any shots. I decided if she didn't need them yet, and could wait to get them prior to kindergarten then that is what we would do.

Izzy was full of smiles for the entire appointment!
Photobucket

She weighed in at 34.00 lbs.
She is 38.25 inches tall.
According to them her BMI is 75% and anything under 85% is normal.

Allyson is our doctor's nurse and she ROCKS! She asked Izzy if she could play some games with her. Of course Izzy was super excited to play games.

The hearing game.
Photobucket
She passed this one with no problem.

The vision game.
Photobucket
Her vision is 20/32 in both eyes. This is normal according to the doctors and the distance will probably improve next year as her she learns better how to focus.

The arm squeeze game (or blood pressure test).
Photobucket
I think her blood pressure was 88/55, but I can't be sure?

Finally Izzy wanted to take a picture of me and Drew
Photobucket

...and then Drew wanted a turn
Photobucket
not too bad for a 2 year old.

2 comments:

Jac said...

Cute update! You are so thin and tan! I'm jealous! You all look great and happy! :)

Kristin said...

Hooray! I didn't know a few of those things...like "BMI under 85% is normal" I just looked up Easton on a website and he is 12.5. ...or that 20/32 is also normal with kiddos. Thanks for filling me in. Hooray for no shots and all smiles. She's so adorable in that first picture.