Sunday, April 5, 2009

On the Road

So I am writing this post from Omi and Papa's house in Florida with the plans to post all entries when I get back home.

We left for our vacation on Wednesday, April 1st. ...but first let's go back a day or two.

Monday the kids and I had a VERY busy day. We started by dropping my car off for an oil change. I had taken the stroller so the kids and I could run some errands in the surrounding stores while our car was worked on. First stop was haircuts for both kids. Then onto lunch at McAlisters. I ordered the BLT only to find a hair intertwined in some stray bacon on my plate. YUCK! After lunch we went to Brusters for ice cream and then to get my car. From there we went to make a couple returns at Carter's. Next stop REI. We purchased a Thule for the top of my car only once we got it home we found out that it was locked and we didn't have the keys. We had been told the keys were inside and it was unlocked. Yes, we should have checked, but we didn't. Oh well. A quick stop home to pick up Pete and off to the hospital we went. Pete had a follow up procedure for his bleeding ulcer and would not be able to drive (due to the amazing mind numbing drugs). While his procedure was being done the kids and I headed over to Alisha's house to play. Some may remember that Alisha is our photographer friend who took our amazing family photos back in September. She has an almost 2 year old daughter who is a spitfire. Izzy loves her, and Drew has a love/hate relationship with her. It is exhausting comedy to witness. After an hour or so we headed back to get Pete and then finally home! We got home around 6:30 and I thought the kids would be in bed by 7, but just as they had finished up with dinner our neighbor showed up. He brought a truckload of pine needles for us. Since Pete was passed out on the couch I helped unload the truck. The kids entertained themselves with a new racing game they invented. The raced berries down our driveway. Fun fun!

Finally at 8, I took both kids into the house for a bath. Finally at 9 both kids were in bed!

0 comments: