Monday, June 28, 2010

Omi's 65th Birthday

We went to Orlando to celebrate my mom's 65th birthday. Doesn't she look FANTASTIC for 65!

Photobucket

Al planned the sweetest birthday party for my mom. Every time I asked him what I could do, or how I could help, he would tell me that he had it all taken care of. ...and that he did! He did such a fantastic job. I have known Al since 1996 and I can tell you that I have NEVER seen him so nervous. ...not even on their wedding day.

The party was held at the community center where they live. There was lots of yummy food, great friends, and lots of dancing! I think these folks know every single line dance ever invented.

Here is the birthday girl and her hubby sharing a dance
Photobucket

Before the party really got started we tried to take some pictures. This is me, Izzy, my mom and her sister Barbara.
Photobucket

Aunt Barbara was sweet enough to put together this picture board with photos of my mom throughout the years.
Photobucket

Papa and his grandbabies
Photobucket

The bartenders: Pete and my brothers Wes and Andy
Photobucket

While the guys were hanging by the bar, Izzy was busy stacking cups.
Photobucket

Drew was feeling antisocial...thankfully I thought to bring his Leapster.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Al put together a really nice presentation for my mom. It was a slide show showcasing her life. He did a GREAT job! At one point during the presentation a picture was shown of my mom and Al years ago (Al had solid black hair - as opposed to the salt/pepper hair he has now) and Drew pipes up, "Wook! I see Omi in dat picture, but who's dat guy wiff da black hair?" Lots of laughs from that one.

...and later that evening Drew said to me, "Mom, how come Papa kept calling Omi Dotty lots of time?" Dotty is my mom's name :-)

No good party is complete without a super yummy, frosting rich cake! This cake did not disappoint!
Photobucket

Both Al and my Mom are from PA - which means there is always plenty of food. We ate this cake (and the back-up cake that Al purchased at the last minute when he panicked this one might not be enough) for the next 3 days...ALL DAY!

It was a great party! But the fun didn't end there...we packed in lots of fun family time over the next 48 hours.

Off to resize those pictures in hopes that I might get them posted in a reasonable amount of time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! WE LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

Jac said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! She looks amazing, I'd never guess she was 65! Glad you all had fun!

Alisha said...

Your mom is hot! And Al! And your brothers too. And you guys, of course. :)