Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bus Ride

Izzy's first three days of school were AWESOME! After I picked Izzy up on day 2, I asked, "How was school today? Did you have a good day?" She said, "no" then paused (as my heart sank) and said, "I had a GREAT day!"

This week begins color week. Yesterday was red day and I wish I would have taken a picture of Izzy because she looked so cute. Today is yellow day. Again...so cute...

Photobucket

A kiss goodbye for me :-) Stephanie picked her up for school today.
Photobucket

This is also the day that Izzy got to ride the bus for the first time. She has literally been begging to ride it. In fact when I told her this morning that her friend Rylie might not be riding it today, she said, "That's okay. If Rylie doesn't ride it then I will sit with Laci. If Laci doesn't ride it then I will sit with Luke. If Luke doesn't ride it then I will sit alone." I guess she didn't care if she knew anyone...just wanted to ride the big yellow bus.

Our problem is that Izzy's bus is not the same bus that some of her friends would ride. You see, I don't think she would know a soul on our bus. I had her afternoon bus changed (I will continue to drive her in the morning or else she has to get on the bus at 6:45) so she could be dropped at Rylie's stop. I would rather drive a street over to pick her up and have her ride with friends then wait in the pick up line.

Today was the day Izzy had waited for. She was scheduled to be dropped off at 3:12. Uncle Wes, Drew, Chloe and I set out on our walk to pick her up just after 2:30. I figured it would take me 15 min. to walk to the stop. I would have plenty of time to visit with the other moms and get ready to take pictures. Guess what...as I was walking down the street I saw the bus at 2:50!!! I began to haul a$$ to get to the stop and as the bus passed me Izzy leaned out the window and said, "Hi MOM!!!". The bus driver told me to stop running cause she would stop. Well hot damn - no pictures!

Izzy loved her bus ride and can't wait to ride again tomorrow. I am going to leave plenty early tomorrow so that I can get some bus pics!

1 comments:

jac said...

Loved this post! Way to go Iz!