Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Drew Funnies

As we were looking over pictures of the alligator that bit Papa, Drew says up, "Come on already, I want to see the one of the gator biting Papa!"

 Drew was accidentally left home alone for about 30 minutes last week. I was volunteering in Izzy's class, and Pete was going to take Drew to his field trip. I left the house at 9 after telling Drew to play quietly until Daddy got off his conference call. I made a big mistake by not telling Pete I was leaving. When Pete finished his call he yelled for Drew but didn't get a reply. Pete then looked outside and saw my car was gone and assumed I got tired of waiting for him and just took Drew with me. It wasn't until he was almost at the field trip location that he thought perhaps Drew was in our toy room. He was unable to get ahold of me due to the fact I get no reception in the school. Pete got home to a slightly scared boy, who then apologized for closing the toy room door and not answering when called. Pete assured him that he did nothing wrong! Pete then brought him to meet me at the school so I could take him to his field trip. While putting Drew in my car Pete and I both apologized to one another for what we did wrong, I said, "Well, that will certainly never happen again!" Drew, appearing slightly annoyed, says, "Well I should sure hope not!"

We all know how much Drew loves to play video games. In fact, if he isn't playing the games with his buddies, he is "acting out the games" somehow. Well, he has taken this to a whole new level! I now get points for various household duties I complete. While cleaning the sink yesterday, Drew said, "Mom, you are doing a really great job. Once you get to 99 points you will be able to unlock new cleaning supplies!" When pressed a little further I found out that doing laundry gives me the most points and I am able to trade in 10 points for Drew to come in and do a "speed clean" and assist me. I was also informed that certain cleaning tasks would allow me to "level up". ...Lord help his kindergarten teacher :)

0 comments: