Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kid Comments...

The kids heard the ice-cream truck and asked if they could have some. My response was, "that's fine but if you get ice-cream now then you don't get any ice-cream cake after dinner tonight" ...upon returning from the truck Drew says to me, "Psych! I still get ice-cream tonight cause I got a SNOWCONE from the ice-cream truck!"


Izzy wanted her friend, Averie, to stay for dinner tonight and since they are currently doing persuasive writings at school I had them each write me a letter as to why Averie should be able to stay for dinner.


I just spent way too long trying to explain to Drew the saying, "no, your other left" - talk about difficult!  ...the only thing I can figure is...We had just left the getting him fitted for a tux and he said to me, "what does 'no your other left' mean?" I am assuming the guy doing his measurements told him to do something with his left hand and Drew used his right and then they guy said that too him. When Drew finally understood the saying he told me, "well that's just ridiculous. Why wouldn't he just say 'that's not your left hand


Drew just got out of bed to me and said, "Mom, if you say 'never' to something, is it possible that you might find yourself in a situation where you might actually want to do it?"  What the heck????  How does he come up with such questions?  I couldn't make it up even if I tried!

0 comments: