Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Tea

Today was my last preschool Mother's Day Tea...unless I have a mini meltdown after Drew begins kindergarten and decide a third is needed!

It was the sweetest tea yet!

When we arrived in the classroom we were served muffins and coffee (we were told to bring a favorite mug) by our child.  ...but not before Drew signed in.

Photobucket

While we were eating we played a super fun, yet very hard, game.  Each child had drawn a picture of their mommy and we had to match the portrait to the mommy.  I guessed which one Drew did on my first try.  As to not give the answer away, I whispered to him, "Am I number 9?"  He told me I was wrong and  then I felt bad for not knowing.  I re-guessed #3 and he said "yes!"  A couple minutes later he informed me that my first guess was in fact correct.  Phew!  I felt so much better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The back of the picture had these questions and answers.  I like that I am 20 something and that Drew knows what upsets me is when he whines.  He is correct on both account!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the game we opened our present...how awesome is this!!!
Photobucket


Then the kids recited a poem called "Daffodils" and sang a couple songs.  My favorite song was "Mama Loves Me" sung to the tune of "Jesus Loves Me".

Photobucket

Here is Drew and his great teacher, Miss Leigh.  We will miss her something fierce next year.  She did an amazing job preparing Drew for kindergarten.

Photobucket

And no school post would be complete without a picture of Drew and his buddy Jack.  I kid you not when I say these two talk non-stop!  They make silly faces at one another and just crack each other up all day.  I don't know how I haven't gotten a more notes home regarding Drew/Jack and issues with listening.  When they are together they are in their own little world.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At one point I looked over and Drew and a couple friends were playing with baby dolls.  It was just so funny...and it made me smile :)

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure this is my most favorite time of the year!

0 comments: