Thursday, June 14, 2012

Kindergarten Bound

Bittersweet, I tell you.

Check out this handsome devil on his last day of pre-school!
Photobucket

I can't say enough great things about Drew's preschool teachers.  They were two of the neatest ladies and helped Drew to grow so much this past year.  Academically Drew has always been very strong, but his emotions sometimes get the best of him.  At his first conference in Oct/Nov the lead teacher remarked about how sensitive he was.  While he is still on the sensitive side (according to the end of the year conference) he has gotten SO much better.  I always thought Izzy would be like me - cry when another student in class got in trouble - but I guess it will be Drew.
Photobucket

Wednesday was his last day.
Photobucket

Thursday was his graduation.  Boys had to wear khaki bottoms and white tops while the girls wore white dresses.  I was fortunate that I didn't have to video any of the graduation because we were able to purchase a copy from a videographer!  I don't think I would have been able to video tape the ceremony anyway because I spend the majority of it crying.  Silent tears continually rolled down and while I tried and tried to stop them, I just couldn't.  I think even Pete felt bad for me because he just kept squeezing my hand.  ...heck, I am tearing up just typing this...  How was I not supposed to cry with those sweet little voices reciting poems and singing songs.  ...and don't get me started on the video montage set to sappy music!

Walking in, Drew had the whole place laughing as he announced "Boy, they weren't kidding when they said this place was gonna be crowded!"
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Pledge
Photobucket

Prayer Hands
Photobucket

A Poem
Photobucket
Photobucket

Each child was given a "christian characteristic trait" by their teachers.  Drew was given the trait of LOGIC (his teacher told me she debated between logic and humor).  As he was called to get his diploma his teacher said, "Drew's Christian virtue is logic.  He has a keen mind and ability to reason - we can almost hear the gears turning.  Clear thinking is definitely an asset to the Kingdom of Heaven!"
Photobucket

The celebration party after...with Jack of course :)
Photobucket

Drew with Miss Leigh, Miss Jean and Jack
Photobucket

And no graduation is complete without a gift...Skylanders!
Photobucket

I can't believe this mama loving boy will be in school all day next year.  My heart aches at the thought! My greatest comfort is knowing his sister will walk him to his class each day and keep an eye on him!
Photobucket

0 comments: