Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It was just a matter of time

until Drew figured out how to take his diaper off. Lately he has been quite upset whenever I remove his clothing OR when I try to put clothing on him. He loves to be naked (clad in only a diaper) but now battles me when I try to remove his clothing. ...and then a big battle also ensues when I try to redress him. So this evening after his bath he was running around "nakey" as he calls it wearing only his diaper. We came downstairs to have a snack, still wearing just the diaper, and he chose Dora crackers. I then left him to check the laundry only to come back no less than 60 seconds later to him completely naked! He was sitting on the floor naming various Dora crackers. I said "honey, where is your diaper?" and he said "ha-nee, Dew-Dew nakey". He was essentially calling me honey and saying that he (Dew-dew) was naked. ...as if I couldn't see that! I lost it to hysterics.

Izzy said a couple rather funny things today too. The first occurred while we were in the Starbucks drive-thru line. As we pulled up to Starbucks I said "Oh good, there is no one in line". Izzy said "well that sure is lucky for us, I'd say". Huh? Silly girl. After we left Starbucks we went to her friend Delaney's house to play and make smores. It was just about time for us to leave and the girls were upstairs playing in Delaney's room. I yelled up to Izzy that we had to leave in a few minutes so I was going to get Drew ready and then take him outside for a few minutes. As Izzy and Delaney are walking down the stairs I can hear Izzy say to Delaney "sure Delaney we can probably ride bikes for a few minutes. My mommy always has my bike in the back of the car. Hey mom...of course you remembered to bring my bike, didn't you?" Well, this bad mom did NOT have her bike in the back of the car today :( I just thought it was so funny how she used "of course" in the sentence.

So our day consisted of going to Delaney's this morning, home to nap Drew, and then back to Delaney's for bike riding :) No bike riding really took place because the kids decided it would be much more fun to puddle jump. All three kids were soaked! after all the jumping. Drew hung with the big girls like a champ. I think he thinks he is bigger than he really is. It makes me kind of sad sometimes.

After we left Delaney's we came home and played outside a while longer. Drew helped me plant my hanging baskets and then Izzy helped me do a potted plant arrangement. We also planted two flowers in Izzy's playhouse pots. Question is...who's flowers will last longer?

The countdown is on...Pete's parents arrive tomorrow! We have lots of fun stuff planned and I may just get around to adding some pictures and letting others view this blog :)

Til then...

0 comments: