Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Habitat for Humanity

Once a month after the kids are in bed, Pete and I sit down for a "family meeting". We typically discuss finances, monthly schedules, upcoming trips or visitors, and whatever else may be on our minds.

The beginning of every year we have the "big" meeting where we review the past year, evaluate how we did, and set goals for the upcoming year. This year one of the things we wanted to do with the kids/family is get more involved in giving back to the community.

This past weekend we had the chance to get the kids involved in Habitat for Humanity. Pete and some colleagues volunteered, and while the kids couldn't be involved in the construction aspect we took this opportunity to give back in another way.

The kids and I went to see the house that "daddy was helping to build" and provided the crew with lunch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*Izzy's Monday morning "morning work" at school involves writing a sentence and drawing a picture of what they did over the weekend. I haven't seen the drawing yet, but was told that her sentence said, "I went to visit my Daddy while he helped build a house for the less fortunate". Her picture was of the house with Pete on the roof. I was waiting to post this entry until the picture got sent home, but I have yet to see it?

0 comments: