Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I think from as far back as I can remember that I wanted to be a mom. I love everything about this holiday! I love to celebrate the incredible mom that I have, the amazing mother-in-law that I have (who raised 8 fantastic kids), and that I am a mom! To know me is to know how much I love being able to stay home with the kids everyday...so by default it is like Mother's Day everyday over here :)

My Mother's Day festivities began this past Friday. Both kids has school programs for me to attend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday was almost like Mother's Day because Pete had kid duty for a good 6 hours. He took the kids to breakfast, swim lessons, a birthday party and then to pick up his new car. While he was away having all that fun I was sitting in our driveway manning a very uneventful garage sale. My biggest sale went to the neighbor behind us (who actually bought all her purchases prior to the sale -Izzy's old clothes and bike) and the second largest sale went to a lady buying toys for her church (how could I not load her up for next to nothing). The third sale...well, in 6 hours there wasn't a third sale. Oh well. Once the kids and Pete got home they settled in to play a new Wii game and I watched Sex and the City. I can't tell you the last time I watched a movie while the kids were awake, uninterrupted. Probably not since Izzy was under a year?

So Sunday morning found me lounging in bed til Izzy busted in my room (okay she quietly crept in) with a super sweet card and picture. She made her card a week ago and the front was a song and the inside a poem.

Once Drew joined us (Pete was out getting coffee) he immediately started crying silently because he felt bad for not bringing me anything. I had to remind him that he gave me a card and necklace at school on Friday! Then, as if they knew to be extra kind to me, they disappeared to play SO nicely with one another in the toy room while I sipped my coffee and read my paper. I can't even say it was Pete's doing because at this point he was at the gym (he didn't want to go being Mother's Day and all but I insisted).

We spent the entire day at the Strawberry Festival. It was such a good time. I was nervous to go because I thought it would be hot and crowded. Thankfully it was only hot.

Photobucket

love the excitement on Izzy's face in this shot
Photobucket

in this shot Drew was so dizzy that he simply fell over in the seat
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

this boy just loves his sister somethin' fierce!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I got a bit full of myself and decided to ride the swings with the kids...shortly after the ride started spinning I had to mentally tell myself "you will not be sick. you will not be sick!" Ever since I had kids I can't spin, swing or do heights!
Photobucket

The kids sure loved the ride - rode it two more times!
Photobucket

This is one of my favorite rides. Check out this sign posted at the entrance ;) (you have to be under 48 in. to even enter)
Photobucket

My question is what happened that would even warrant this sign?
Photobucket

it was boys v. girls on the ferris wheel
Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, what is a festival without food. Check out the size of these snow cones.
Photobucket

4 years old and he prefers fingers over a spoon.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once we got home, the kids immediately took a bath while I ran to Ulta for some goodies. On my way home Pete instructed me to pick up dinner from a deli we like. He had ordered it and paid for it :)

Now we are at home and Pete is playing with the kids while I enjoy a glass of wine and type this. Soon the kids will be in bed and then I will slip into a nice tub of bubbles and think of how very blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids!

0 comments: