Monday, October 25, 2010

Drew's Birthday Party

"Uhhh. Uhhh. Uhhh, Mom? When I gonna have my birthday party?"

Me: Drew, you just had your birthday?

Drew: But when am I gonna have my birthday party?

Me: (I was going to try and get out of it for another year if possible) In a few weeks dude.

And so it began - my plans for Drew's birthday party. The poor kid had a 1st birthday party, but hasn't really had once since then. After minutes of discussion with Drew it was decided he would invite "only boys and Izzy" and have a Superhero party.

Great. I certainly can whip one of those up, right? I spend my nights googling away superhero parties and games only to decide in the end that the kids would be fine just playing outside as boys like to do.

...probably really should have planned some more games. After seeing the majority of these boys hang out together I really thought a 2 hour party would be no big deal. It wasn't hard, just busy! Not to mention I had one parent who stayed behind and that added to my nerves as a hostess.

When all was said and done, Drew had a great day and told Pete that "my party was AWESOME!"

We borrowed a bounce house from our friends to use
Photobucket

We used the tire swing next door to "fly like Superman"
Photobucket

The boys did "boy stuff" like look at dirt, sand, tree roots, bugs
Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at my assistants for the party - they also doubled as the villains :-)
Photobucket

We used silly string like Spiderman and attacked Pete
Photobucket

Of course there was cake (and presents) ...and I just love how Drew concentrates so hard when blowing out candles
Photobucket

...can't forget about the pinata
Photobucket

And I made these most fabulous capes for the boys (7) as party favors.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jac said...

Love the capes!

Kristin said...

That looks like a FABULOUS party, Molly! Nice job! And the capes are a great touch, you made them???