Monday, October 11, 2010

Izzy's First Crush

The girl's got good taste! Her crush is on an older man (he's in first grade), athletic, and a blond haired, blue eyed hottie like her daddy :-)

I first noticed that Izzy took an interest in Bryce a couple weekends ago. It was after her soccer game that I noticed a boy and his friend were kicking the ball around with Izzy. While Izzy is certainly more "present" in the game this year, she is in no way a great soccer player. The guys couldn't have been hoping to better their skills by kicking the ball around with her. I'm not sure if this boy came over to say hi to her initially or if she somehow "enticed" him over? Regardless, she watched him as he and his friend took shots on goal. Let me just say that Bryce can shoot! If she had to pick one, she might as well pick one that's got game!

Fast forward to a week later. Izzy has finished her game and we are now watching Drew's game. I noticed Izzy studying the field on the other side of Drew's...she is studying it with an eye that says, "I think that's him"...followed by eyes that said, "yep that's him!" You know the one, a puzzled look followed by a small grin of recognition victory. Yup, I saw the whole thing and knew EXACTLY what she saw! It was at that point she told me, "Hey Mom, that's Bryce's team over there!" Giddy, giddy, giddy Izzy!

At the conclusion of Drew's game as snacks were being handed out, Izzy snaked away and positioned herself halfway between Drew's field and the field Bryce was playing on. ...and there she watched. Oh, and not only did she watch, but she studied that boy! She even announced, "Mom, there he is...he's up next!" as the team was running drills.

Now I am sure Pete would say it wasn't nearly as intense as I am making it out to be, or maybe he would claim it was even worse? Who knows? All I know is that while in pre-school Izzy pretended to get married and have babies - this is different.

This is her first crush :-) ....and :-(

...oh, and did I mention he rides her bus? School directories are out tomorrow and you can bet I am gonna find out his address and do a drive-by!

1 comments:

Jac said...

OMG! First, how cute is Iz!? I love that she has a little crush (sorry, Pete)!
And I'm dying laughing at your drive-by!! I would do the same thing, but hilarious!
Next week try to sneak a pic of Bryce playing so we can see how cute he is ;)
miss you guys!