Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feeling Funky

I took the kids to the Science Center today after school. I did not take my camera. I didn't forget it, but rather just didn't take it. I have been in a funk for a few days and I thought it would do me some good to just get out with the kids and have fun.

Guess what...

It was fun, but I am still in a funk and I have no pictures! The animals were in rare form today. The monkeys were swinging from tree to tree and rope to roof - it was awesome! The lemurs were full of spunk as well. The tigers roamed the entire time we watched, and one even went for a swim. The anteater was visible for the first time ever, and we saw a maned wolf! The kids got to pet/brush the goats and sheep, and watch them poop (which was probably Drew's highlight!). We got to pet two rabbits, a rat, and a snake. The coolest part was watching to huge tortoises mate. At first it looked like they were going to play "leap frog" but then the one on top started making "burping" noises according to Drew (or growling noises according to Izzy). A worker told me they were mating. See all the good picture opps I missed :(

Not sure why I am in a funk. I don't want pity, or need anything. I figure there is a lot going on and I just really need a good cry. Lots of stress and I guess stuff just needs to get worse before it gets better, huh? I keep telling myself that my bad days are still better than what millions of others are going through. I have an incredible husband and two awesome kids! ...not to mention lots of great friends and family ;)

And wine would probably help, but I gave it up for the week. I don't need chocolate as I bought the kids Halloween candy off of them for $5.

Hmmm, somehow I feel a tad bit better just throwing my funk out there.

I'll be back - lots of questions to answer regarding the kids and the "sticks"!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Hope you get out of the funk soon :)
wish we lived close so I could drink wine and eat chocolate with you! Hang in there!

Christie said...

I hope you are feeling better. You are entitled to a funk every now and then.