Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday

Tuesday has become my favorite weekday...and probably the kids as well.

Izzy loves Tuesdays because it is her longest school day. She has school, followed by lunch bunch, followed by 88's (her music class). I really think she would go to school all day if I let her.

Drew loves Tuesdays he does NOT have school, and gets to hang with just me from 9-2. We play, clean, play, run errands, and play some more.

By the time the kids are reunited they just want to play together. ...and usually get along quite well. So, we all hang out and do whatever for 2 hours and then...

We go to the gym! I work out and the kids go to the childcare room. In my world this is huge. Those that know my kids know that they don't separate from me well. I use to try and try and try some more to get them to stay in the childcare center, but after 10 minutes of crying I was called to retrieve them. I believe the reason they do okay now is for a couple reasons: one, they have one another; and two, we go to McDonalds after.

Tuesday night at McDonalds is $1.99 Happy Meal Night. I feed both kids for $4.50. Not bad, not bad.

So here was our Tuesday today. After we got Izzy from school the kids decided to watch a movie we got at Redbox. Taking pictures after they have been apart for 6 hours is easy because Drew won't get away from Izzy and she doesn't seem to mind him crawling all over her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He also has a fascination with scents and smelling...it is a bit disturbing to say the least. His favorite things to smell are feet and bottoms. Like I said, disturbing. (notice that Izzy is grinning as he does this - also weird.)

Photobucket

So after the movie we joined mainstream society ...we made spritz cookies. I recently purchased a cookie press from a Pampered Chef party. I've never owned one, but always wanted one :) Izzy helped me mix. Her job was to scrape down the sides of the bowl (note to self - next time use the Kitchen Aid mixer).

Photobucket

I like the two fisted scrape being used here.

Photobucket

They were really fun to make. I only came away with a few decent looking cookies though cause the kids insisted on using all 9 covers. It takes 3-4 cookies to get into a grove, so as soon as I made 3-4 more it was time to switch. Oh well...we've got big plans for colored dough and sprinkles to be used next time.

Here are the fruits of our labor...tray 1, 2 and 3
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The cookies tasted decent. I bet there are better recipes out there though, so if you have one then send it my way!

0 comments: