Monday, January 4, 2010

Fun New Toy

The kids were being extra independent today - probably had something to do with the fact that they were both playing online computer games (and at times the same game). It was the perfect opportunity for me to get a look at my new toy.

Some might recall that I was "given" a new camera last year for my 35th birthday. I was having a hard time figuring out whether I wanted a Cannon or a Nikon and finally settled on the Nikon. Well, I guess I was taking too long to buy one cause Pete just up and bought me one for Christmas. He got me the Nikon D60. I am super excited to learn how to use it.

Since I had not intended to really look at the camera today, and didn't know how much time the kids would allow me...I simply took the same picture on a few different settings. I think I have lots to learn.

Here they are: Izzy on the computer using the tv screen as the monitor and Drew on my laptop. I can't even tell you what the settings were, other then the b/w one? And what is up with the flash? Oh well. Like I said, lots to learn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After I figure out how to use my camera, I hope to learn how to use the fancy schmancy photoshop that Pete got me loooooonnnnnngggg ago!

0 comments: