Thursday, February 18, 2010

Babies Brownies and Bedtimes

What a day we had!

I got to start off my morning watching this chunk of love! His name is Max and he is 4 weeks old and sooooo incredibly yummy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then after I picked Izzy up from school we went to buy, drum roll please........THE PERFECT BROWNIE PAN! We have watched the tv commercial for weeks and every time we see it the kids beg for me to buy it. They beg. They plead. ...and since I really wanted it just as much, if not more, ...we bought it. I had noticed it the other day at Target and I thought it was the perfect thing to spend a gift card on. Whenever I get a gift card to Target it usually just goes towards stuff I would be buying anyway. Not this time. Nope. Not today. Today I used a gift card for a fun splurge. We were not disappointed. This brownie pan (and it can be used for much more than just making brownies!) lives up to the hype. We love it and look forward to baking many fun and festive treats!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This brings me to bedtimes part of my title. Oh, sweet sweet bedtimes. Basically at our house the kids go to bed at 7:30-7:45 ish. I am kind of a sleep Nazi. With Pete gone many evenings, I find that I am even more of a stickler for an early/efficient bedtime. When Pete travels Izzy gets to sleep with me and we both love it :-) I love the occasional night kicks that remind me she is in my bed - and I love seeing her big grin when she opens her eyes and says good morning. Drew, sweet snugly Drew still sleeps in his crib. Up until about 2 weeks ago he was perfectly content with his sleeping conditions (though he has no idea Izzy bunks with me). While I know he should be in a "big" bed, since he wasn't asking for one, nor climbing out of his crib, and with the upcoming move...well let's just say I am lazy.

My guilt started to kick in with each passing day of him requesting a new big bed. I did not want to do a room for him, nor did I want to put a bed in what clearly looks like a nursery. Last night I had an epiphany...put the boy in the guest room bed.

When he woke up with morning I asked him what his thoughts were on sleeping in the guest bed and he said okay...and "wiff Izzy". So, both kids were put to bed this evening in the guest bed. I put them down at 7:36. I went up 3-4 times before they were both asleep at 9 :-) I think it is really cute that they actually want to sleep together. I am all for it and hope that it works out. I will give it a 3 day adjustment period and then if they are messing around instead of sleeping...back to their own rooms they will go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really hope it works out though. I love the bond that they share and I know that all too soon they will start to have separate interests/friends and no longer think one another is the coolest anymore.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

They're too sweet in the big bed. If we had a big extra bed I'd be all for it. As it is the boys are begging to sleep in the same twin-size on occasion.

And I don't think I've seen that fancy brownie pan. Must learn more.

~aj~ said...

Alright infomercial Molly, you've convinced me...I'll be buying the brownie pan asap. ;)

Love that your kiddos enjoy sleeping together. We're looking forward to our own boys doing that someday. Super sweet.