Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Friday Before Mother's Day

Nearly two weeks ago I had the privilege of being the guest of honor at the kids school. At 9:00 Drew and I had "Muffins with Mom" and at 11:00 I had a "Mother's Day Tea" with Izzy. Truth be told, I love the 3 kid-free mornings that I have (even more so now that Pete is gone) but I was looking SO forward to spending this Friday with the kids.

Since Pete was gone the kids and I had to take our own pictures before we left for school. I may have a couple budding photogs on my hands, no?

Me and my little man (taken by Izzy)
Photobucket

Drew's class only has 8 children in it and one was missing that day. We met in his classroom and after a few minutes of playing we had muffins, juice and chocolate covered strawberries. Then the teachers read each child's "Mom Interview". Drew was called up front and stood next to his teacher Mrs. D as she read his answers.
Photobucket

All About The Worlds Greatest Mom - by Drew Swyt

-My Mom's name is: Molly (most kids said mama)
-She is 60 (most kids said 3 - I was by far the oldest) years old.
-My Mom's favorite food is: turkey sandwiches (I like, but not my fave).
-At home, my Mom spends most of her time doing: mowing the lawn (the funny thing is that the week prior I mowed the lawn for THE FIRST TIME EVER! - but in Drew's defense it did take me 3 days)
-My Mom helps me: build legos
-My Mom's favorite color is: red and orange (red is my favorite and Izzy has decided that orange should be my "2nd" favorite).

After the interviews the kids sang us a song before we had to leave. Drew has always LOVED music class (just like Izzy - their music teacher at school is FANTASTIC) and gosh did he belt out this song. I wish I would have asked them to sing it again so I could have recorded it.
Photobucket

The princess herself (taken by Drew)
Photobucket

*You may notice the SAME matching dresses from last years Mother's Day program. I would link you to last year photo, but I feel as if I have aged (not so gracefully) ALOT in the last year and would rather not be reminded.

We met Izzy's class down in the gym for our tea. This is how I found my daughter waiting for me when I arrived. Isn't she so ladylike sitting in her dress :-)
Photobucket

We had the most delicious lunch of chicken salad, pasta salad and strawberry shortcake! We also sang the "Tooty Ta-ta" song and then had the interview.

My Mom is Special - by Izzy Swyt
-My Mom's name is Molly.
-My mom has blue eyes and yellow hair.
-My mom is 36 years old.
-My mom likes to work on the computer and play with Chloe and me and Drew outside.
-My mom is prettiest when she is at home cooking.
-My mom is funniest when she tickles me.
-I like for her to cook cookies.
-I don't like when she cooks grilled cheese.
-She likes for me to help her bake muffins.
-My mom is very smart & knows all about Chloe!

Here is a picture of Izzy with her two wonderful teachers! I have been blessed with both the kids having fantastic teachers this year.
Photobucket

They also made me some super sweet gifts, but I just got a call for a house showing so I must go clean!

I sure do love these little faces! Wait til you hear how they spoiled me for Mother's Day...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yes, yes I do want those dresses. :) It's going to be so hard to teach a little girl to sit "properly" in dresses one day, isn't it? You girls are adorable.

Wes Rule said...

Molly is mothering that big skitzofrantic cat back to normal and if she can't do it no one can!Molly is a "top notch" Mother in my book!! Izzy & Drew are precious and smart as all get out!