Monday, May 3, 2010

She Lost Her First Tooth

It is with great sadness that I announce Izzy has lost her first tooth. Unfortunately I have yet to properly grieve this loss due to the hysterical ball of mess my 5 year old was upon loosing her tooth. You would have thought I got rid of her beloved Chloe for cryin out loud!

For the past two days Izzy has told me over and over again how much her tooth hurt. All the while she refused to let me touch it. Finally today I told her either she lets me get a finger on it or we go to the dentist to make sure nothing is seriously wrong. As soon as I touched it, I knew it was only a matter of hours til it came out.

We went to Target...Izzy was a very poor listener (quite common with her these days)...she was sent to her room as soon as we got home. I heard a shriek from her room and I knew. I just knew it was the tooth ...and that it was gone. That shriek said it all!

Photobucket

I thought the tears were because she had swallowed it? Nope...she was just upset she lost it. She didn't want to lose it. I am not allowed to tell her teachers, her friends, or her daddy and Drew. Chances are all of the above will notice the gap in her smile.

Photobucket

After she had a chance to settle down, she finally allowed me to get a couple shots of her new grin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't believe my baby has lost her first tooth. Tonight as she laughed and giggled I had an equal amount of "wow, she looks SO cute" excitement as "wow she looks so old and is growing much too quickly" sadness.

Photobucket

I may just put off registering her for kindergarten until next week. I don't know if my delicate little mommy heart can take much more growing up this week.

0 comments: