Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tire Swing

Last week I watched Miss RC for a couple hours while her parents were at a meeting. She got here at 12:30 and the girls played outside until 7:30! They did not step foot in my house for a single moment (not even to go to the bathroom) because I would not let them...they were full of sand, dirt, and gross creek water. In fact, we had to beg them to eat dinner.

This is my view of the neighbors yard from my deck...and just beyond those trees hangs a tire swing.

Photobucket

Let the fun begin...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next picture is one of my all time favorites of Rylie (and I have quite a few)! Look at that face full of childhood joy ...and then look at those sandy creek feet :-) That is some good 'ole country living fun!

Photobucket

When not on the tire swing, the girls could be found "hiking" the creek, making puddles (or bathtubs) along the edges of the creek to wash their golf balls in (we have found 160+ thus far), and build sandcastles.

Photobucket

Some of the 7 hours spent outside was in our own backyard - we had a sprinkler, slide and itty bitty pool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Every so often the girls would take a break and retreat to their shaded spots for a popsicle. ...as to not be put out too much I would just toss them over the railing.

Photobucket

I am not sure where Drew was during most of this outdoor fun (wait, I remember...Pete got home early and played some Wii with Drew) but this is the only picture of him I took that day. He and Chloe have become quite fond of one another. Drew will sporadically just stop what he is doing and walk over and give her a little belly rub and rub noses with her. So sweet.

Photobucket

Around 4 we started tossing around the idea of going out to dinner with RC and family. ....but since the girls were playing SO nicely and having such a good time we decided to stay in and order pizza. Steve brought Jack (their yellow lab) over, as well as a bucket of beer and the adults hung out while the kids exhausted themselves.

At the end of the evening the dogs and children all had to be hosed down outside due to the volume of sand.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't think we could have planned a more perfect day. The girls played fabulously (which is rare when being together for 7 hours!) and we were able to enjoy an evening with some fun friends. In fact, we had so much fun on Friday that we all went out to dinner on Saturday night! Not only did we go out to dinner, but we went out for a really fancy dinner...with kids!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Sound like so much fun! I love the pic of Drew at the end - looks like he's posing for a magazine ;)

Kelly said...

This looks like SUCH a fun day...really wish we could have joined in!

Christie said...

I love that you just had to throw some popsicles over the deck rail.

Can I rent your house? It looks like hours of cheap entertainment for the little ones :)

~aj~ said...

These are the most FUN pictures. I wanna come play with you guys!!!