Thursday, July 22, 2010

Durham Life and Science Center

These pictures have been sitting in my photobucket account, sized and ready to go for quite some time. I have no idea why I didn't post this earlier?

Pete's birthday was back on May 19th. My gift to him was tickets to see Seinfeld. Not only did we got, but his best friend and his wife drove in to see it with us! All I had to do was find the babysitter and they were game.

Photobucket
...this picture was taken after the show and "after show cocktails"...


We had SO much fun. The kids all did great and this is how we found everyone when we got home that night.

Photobucket
Chloe was such a fluff ball - had yet to have her first grooming session

And their boys...
Photobucket

Krista and I had talked that night about meeting up again a couple weeks later at the Life and Science Center in Durham, NC. It is such a neat place. There are animals, a butterfly house, train ride, dino exhibit, fossil dig, huge play area with sandbox/jungle gym, interactive exhibits, and much much more!

I am pretty sure I want one of these. Isn't he just the cutest thing!
Photobucket

Butterfly House...the kids were armed with pictures to identify the various butterflies. I am pretty sure they think they saw one of every kind. I heard "Oh, there is this one! Look, I see this one! Here is this one!!!" Yup, probably 3 dozen butterflies on that flyer and we saw them all ;-)
Photobucket

Izzy hoping one lands on her hand.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All aboard for the train ride! What is it about kids and trains? This ride lasted 5 min. and we saw nothing but trees, but the kids LOVED it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I think Izzy enjoyed the day more than anyone. She absolutely loved digging for fossils. If only her brother wouldn't have been begging for lunch we would have been able to stay and let her dig her heart out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We had some water fun...steering boats
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here they are steering fish
Photobucket

And Drew is simulating what it feels like to "paddle like a duck"
Photobucket

The boys also formed their own little rock band
Photobucket

Izzy tried to join in
Photobucket

And then Drew decided he'd prefer to go on tour solo
Photobucket

After our visit to the Science Center we decided to go to one of my most favorite little places...the Mad Hatter! I love it because aside from the fantastic baked goods they have, the kids are able to decorate their own cupcakes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And if the day wasn't jammed packed and long enough I decided since we were in the neighborhood we would hit up Southpoint Mall! Southpoint has a Nordstrom, Pottery Barn Kids, Restoration Hardware, ...you get the idea. Some of my best shopping is done pushing two "too tired to care what we are doing" (I think Drew actually slept through the first hour) and happy to simply sit and have a soft pretzel kids.

Let's just say it was a long, and expensive, day in Raleigh!

0 comments: