Sunday, January 2, 2011

Old vs. New

Things I miss about Greensboro:

-our friends
-our house
-our familiar routine
-our pool (once summer hits)
-that Costco was super close!


Things I LOVE (or think I will love) about Charleston:

-my family is together again
-the neighborhood is FULL of kids!
-we have a fenced in back yard
-we have a dedicated toy room!!!!!
-that people travel by golf cart
-that Harris Teeter is within walking distance (this may become a dislike at some point - or cause me to spend WAY too much on groceries)
-the people are SO friendly! ...even the kids have commented
-lots of friends are already planning to visit
-REALLY great restaurants
-fantastic shopping!
-the BEACH!!!!

The kids both start school this week, and once the adjustment is over and the tears are mostly gone then I can't think of any reason that I won't adore Charleston! I will cherish my memories of Greensboro - and there are some FABULOUS ones :-) ...and some of my best friends EVER are there, but since I knew we would be moving at some point I sure am glad this is the place we now call home.

*I've started some holiday posts but haven't added the pictures. This week should find my unpacking and beginning to settle in (it also means Pete starts travelling again) which should mean a post a day! ...even if the posts go back to the beginning of Decemeber :-)

1 comments:

Christie said...

You should start doing PR for the city of Charleston - you are making me want to move there!