Monday, October 24, 2011

Cousin Connor Visits Charleston

This was the visit that almost didn't happen! The night before Cousin Connor, Aunt Jaclyn and Uncle Mike were to arrive, we got a phone call from Uncle Mike saying that it was going to be a "game time decision" because he wasn't feeling well. So we crossed our fingers and toes and anxiously awaited a phone call (or text in this case) to see if the visit was to be.

Thankfully on Thursday night the gang arrived! While I didn't take nearly enough pictures I did take a few to document this super fun weekend. ...it must be noted that we were Baby Connor's first airplane trip :)

Could he be any cuter?!?!
Photobucket

We all seemed to have our own special way to make Connor laugh. For Drew, he would run past Connor and then Connor would bust into a fit of laughter.
Photobucket

I love how Drew is looking from afar...
Photobucket

The boys (minus Pete)
Photobucket


The biggest belly laughs (and some of his best from what I heard) came while Izzy was doing silly little dances for him.

And of course peek-a-boo is a no fail winner!
Photobucket

Izzy loved her some baby Connor
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have no idea what Connor/Izzy are looking at in this shot, but clearly it is much better than me!
Photobucket

This picture was taking at Red's in Shem Creek and I can't pass up the opportunity to take a sweet shot of my two loves.
Photobucket

No visit to Charleston is complete without a carriage ride downtown
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I had hopes of putting up historical pictures and fun Charleston facts...but pooped out after the first shot. I mean how many pictures and statistics of Charleston do you want?
Photobucket

As much as Izzy and Drew LOVE a good carriage ride...Ben & Jerry's ain't far behind!
Photobucket
Photobucket

A couple other memorable moments from the weekend...

Aunt Molly, needing to try and one up her kid by doing her "ride the pony" signature move (which isn't original because it was first done by Uncle Andy) and getting some pretty good belly laughs :)

We ate lots of food, had fun with friends, and stayed up late discussing "male Swyts"...ahhh, that could be a separate post in itself!

It is no secret that Drew really wants a baby for our family. The morning after Connor was here Drew said to me, "Mom. How long until I get a baby brother? I've been asking for forever!"

...not sure if we should have a third or just try and kidnap this super cute nugget?
Photobucket

*As I write this Cousin Connor has been gone for 11 hours and Drew just said to me, "I miss Baby Connor. When can we see him again? When can he come back to our house?"

We had a super fun time and loved visiting with our family from Chicago. PLEASE COME BACK SOON!

1 comments:

Jac said...

I just saw this post! Super cute! C misses you guys and the pony! :) looking fwd to seeing you all again! xoxo