Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fly By

Monday morning...October 24th.

6:15 am: Aunt Jaclyn, Uncle Mike and Baby Connor leave for the airport

7:00: Molly, Drew and Izzy head to drop Izzy off at school

7:25: Molly gets a text from Uncle Andy asking if she wants to have lunch...

Confused?

While waiting in the drop off line at Izzy's school, Andy shot me a text asking if I wanted to meet him for lunch? I asked "when" and he said, "today". He was flying into Charleston from Langley and wanted to see if I could meet him.

Drew had a field trip to the pumpkin patch that day so we stopped by for 30 min (just enough time to pick out a pumpkin) and then headed to the airport. Andy thought he would land at 10:30 and I was hoping to watch his plane land ... I had visions of taking great pictures as the hatch opened and he emerged like a Top Gun actor.

Well that didn't happen due to the wrong address I was given by Andy! So after nearly 2 hours spent in the car with Drew we finally made it to the correct airport. Thankfully Andy was also running behind so at 11 as Drew and I approached the correct airport we were able to spot the T-38 overhead. Drew was SUPER excited and so was I!

We were only able to see Andy for an hour, but what an hour it was!

Walking out to see Uncle Andy's plane - Drew was so excited yet it was so loud :)
Photobucket

Checking it out
Photobucket

This is one of my favorites!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting ready to watch Uncle Andy take off...he's the one of the far right
Photobucket

While we waited for the planes to run their system checks, Drew killed time with shadow play.
Photobucket

Look closely and you will notice he has earplugs in now (which we still have because he thought they were super cool!)
Photobucket

Waving goodbye while he taxis...
Photobucket

Drew snapping pictures with his ds of the take-off to show his classmates
Photobucket

If you look closely you will see two dark dots which are the planes :)
Photobucket

1 comments:

Kristin said...

My dad flew T-38s. Taught many young men to fly them as well. How fun. What a fun surprise for you guys!