Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hollywood Studios

We spent Tuesday at Hollywood Studios. We got there as the park opened and I took the kids and made a mad dash for Jedi training registration while Pete headed to the Toy Story ride to grab a fast pass. At 9:20 am, the line for Jedi Training was registering 4:45 pm.

As soon as we met back up we saw the Disney Channel Parade. Izzy was in heaven as it had songs from Shake it up, High School Musical, Camp Rock, and probably some others.
Photobucket

Next up was the ever popular waiting in line for autographs...luckily this wasn't too painful.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

While waiting for the Buzz and Woody picture, Pete and Drew had some fun...

Look, it's Stinky Pete
Photobucket

And I love this one of Drew
Photobucket

It must be noted that Pete and I almost left Hollywood Studios a couple hours into our day. We took the kids to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids exhibit and it almost ended in an Amber Alert. The kids thought it would be funny to hide from us...NOT FUNNY! We weren't worried that they had left the exhibit because there was only one way out and the way Pete and I were situated the kids would not have passed by us. I also took comfort in the fact that I knew they were together. What got me was the fact that just the day before we had a talk about hiding for "fun" versus hiding when you shouldn't be. Just as I had contacted the security guy, and he had notified the other employees (he remembered the kids when we walked in in bright tie-dyed shirts that said "Safety Town" on them) to look for the kids, I saw Pete walking towards me with them...and boy did they know they were in trouble :)

Once we got past the emotions of that experience we were able to enjoy ourselves again. One of our favorite parts of Hollywood Studio's is the afternoon parade. While Pete and Izzy were at the Little Mermaid show, Drew and I popped a squat in the shade and enjoyed a funnel cake.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have so many parade pictures, but can't imagine you want to see them!

I think one of the coolest parts of the day for all of us was Jedi Training. The kids first trained with a light saber and then got to fight Darth Vader. At the conclusion of the course each was presented with a Jedi Training certificate.

waiting to train
Photobucket

the instructor
Photobucket

Darth Vader
Photobucket

The fight
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We ended our evening with snacks while waiting for the Fantasmic Show. I thought it was a little "dark" for the kids but they both seemed to enjoy it and no nightmares followed.
Photobucket
Photobucket

While our days started like this...
Photobucket

had some of this...
Photobucket

They always ended like this
Photobucket

Izzy asleep before getting to the car and Drew wide awake!

0 comments: