Sunday, May 25, 2008

Going to the zoo zoo zoo

This morning was a lazy morning here at the Swyt household. However, at 11:45 I got a call from a friend who was visiting NC (about 2 hours from my house) from Cleveland. She informed me that she was on her way to the zoo. The zoo? What zoo? Sure enough it was our NC zoo which isn't all that far from my place. So our lazy morning quickly became a busy morning as I packed up the kids and rushed out the door to meet her. OMG, have you ever been to the zoo over Memorial Day weekend? It was so crowded! The parking attendant (I have never seen one of them before at our zoo) informed me that there were absolutely no spots left. I told him that I would find a place to park - and I did...illegally.

I have only a few pictures as it was entirely too hard to keep track of both kids among all the other people. Not to mention with so many people I couldn't get a good shot of any of the animals. The highlight was seeing the elephants. Our elephant exhibit has been closed for a while and was finally open. We saw the new baby elephant and it was being very silly - playing in the water and splashing around with his trunk. The kids, and adults, were all in stitches laughing. It was so much fun to watch such a big baby animal acting like a kid.

It was so great to see my friend Kristen and her daughter Addy, along with good friend Maria. Maria lives in the great state of NC, but I never get to see her. To bad too. The three of us, pre kids used to hang out as soccer groupies all weekend. How we loved those soccer boys.

The Gang: Kristen, Addy, and us


Addy and Izzy playing tag around a tree


Izzy on a chimp


Here is how Drew spent part of his zoo experience

0 comments: