Friday, January 9, 2009

A Day Out

Yesterday the kids and I took a short day trip. I had some things to return to the outlet mall about an hour away and we decided to make a day of it. ...or at least a half day. We met up with a friend and her kids and they all had a great time wrecking havoc on those around us. While there the kids were able to play in the play area and ride on the carousel.

I think it took Izzy a half dozen tries before she could climb up on top of this spider without any help. She kept sliding off and wanted me to take off her socks. I brought those socks specifically for her to wear in the play area (she was barefoot) and was not about to take them off in that germ infested area just so she could get more traction.
Photobucket

This cracked me up - both kids yelling at one another through this apparatus. Drew kept saying "I hear Izzy, I can hear her!" Well no kidding Einstein, she is standing inches from you.
Photobucket

Izzy named her horse Cinderella
Photobucket

Drew's horse was named Freckles, and then Buzz Lightyear. This was the first time Drew REALLY enjoyed a carousel ride. He kept saying "This is FUN. It is really FUUUUUNNNNNN!"
Photobucket

I think that all kids love Chuck E Cheese. ...and if not all, it doesn't really matter because mine sure do. Ever since the PA trip 6 weeks ago they have been asking to go back. I was amazed at all the game details Drew remembered. So, as any good mother would, I bribed my kids by telling them if they behaved at the mall we could go to Chuck E Cheese.

Well, Chuck E Cheese did not disappoint and the kids had a blast. Everytime a game was recognized as the "same as at the other Chuck E Cheese" both kids would clap and get giddy. So fun to be 2 and 3.

As if riding the carousel at the mall wasn't good enough.
Photobucket

Why not try out another horse? This one is cool because you can pull the reins and make the horse jump, turn, etc. on the screen in front of you.
Photobucket

This was a favorite with both kids. Hey, as long as they beat on these guys and not each other it is all good.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, a little Skee Ball and Air Hockey to round out the visit
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, it was really cute as we were walking into Chuck E Cheese, Drew looked up above the front door and saw the picture of Chuck. He stopped, looked up at him, waved and said, "Hi Chuck. I gonna come in a pay (play) wiff you, k?" And then as we were leaving my polite young man said, "Bye Chuck. I see you next time. Tanks for letting me come over a-day. See ya later!"

0 comments: