Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Party

So, way back on the Sunday before Christmas we had a fun Christmas party to attend. Rumor had it that Santa might even make an appearance. Ironically Santa arrived just as we did in his red Ford Explorer. I hustled my kids in through the garage before they were able to spot him.

He started out reading the kids some stories
Photobucket

Drew listened for a while, but then declared, "Bye Santa. BYE SANTA! I sink I ride dat bike now." Izzy, of course, was mesmerized.
Photobucket

The kids each took a turn sitting on Santa's lap to tell what was on their wish lists. Then he gave them a present (which I had given the hostess earlier).
Photobucket

Izzy got a Maggie Leigh magnet doll.
Photobucket

And Drew got the Joey magnet doll.
Photobucket

Izzy already has one of these dolls, and I can't say enough good things about them. Both kids love to play with them! We have spent countless hours trading costumes/clothing and making up stories to go along. If you don't have one of these dolls, and have a young child...and like to play pretend...then I highly recommend one.

Finally we all posed with good 'ole Saint Nick before he had to head out.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Easton has one of those toys at Gramoo's house. Pretty much anything by Melissa and Doug rocks, if you ask me. :)

What a fun little party.