Saturday, August 29, 2009

Izzy's First Major Purchase

I can't believe that I forgot to blog about this! If you recall, last Thursday the kids and I went to the mall and I bought Izzy her first lip gloss. You may also remember she wouldn't eat her cookie for fear of losing her shimmer. Ring any bells? Okay, so onto Friday morning...

Izzy woke up and told me she wanted a compact of lip gloss that we had seen the day before. I explained that I was not going to just buy it for her, but if she wanted to "work towards it" then we could do that. I used the example of 10 days of me brushing/flossing her teeth at night without any whining/complaints (we had been to the dentist the day before and we need to floss her back couple teeth). Well, Izzy didn't like this idea because she wanted the compact TODAY! I told her that I understood, but that if she wanted it immediately then she would need to pay for it. Izzy agreed to use her own money. THIS SHOCKED ME! Izzy NEVER parts with her money, and certainly not the dollar bills. The only time she spends her own money (you know, the money that comes from who knows where that you hand the kids to put in their piggy banks) is if she gets a card with a dollar or two in it specifically for the dollar store.

Izzy handed me $6 (just a random amount I picked since I had no idea how much it was) and off we went to the mall. Oh, this was also the morning after Drew got his Buzz costume. This is how we went to the mall.
Photobucket
Who says white spandex doesn't look good on anyone? Izzy originally had on a beautiful princess costume but decided it was too itchy to wear - so she went in pj's :)

The goods...and the super giddy girl!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

~aj~ said...

She is certainly all girl, isn't she?! Just wait until the days when you guys are sharing make-up. And clothes. And jewelry. Oh, having a daughter must be so fun!