Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Puke Puke Go Away (to the tune of Rain Rain Go Away)

Our morning began with a trip to the doctor's office for Drew. Although he slept straight through last night, I thought we should play it safe and make sure his ears looked okay. Both my kids have only ever had one ear infection each so I'm not sure why when they wake up for a couple nights in a row I automatically go "ears". Drew wasn't happy about the visit, but did just fine. He weighed in a 34 lbs. 14 oz (should have had Izzy weighed) and his ears were fine. Just a summer cold.

We then ran to Target, where each kid got to pick a $5 movie, and then the grocery store. Izzy was being incredibly whiny - so much so that I almost took her movie away. I told her how disappointed I was in her attitude and she actually put her head down and wept. I felt bad, but remember thinking "gosh, I wonder if she is getting sick?" She was that out of sorts!

Once home the kids had lunch. Izzy ate 3 bites, maybe? At one point I noticed she was laying on the floor and thought it was odd, but just went about my routine. I then set the kids up with their new movies so I could wash the floor and get some phone calls made. I was actually on the phone when Izzy called crying from upstairs. I asked her what was wrong and she said she threw up. Boy did she EVER!

I called Pete and he joked that I must really want a new duvet cover :) Not only do we need a new cover (we have been looking for one already) but a new blanket (the one on there was Pottery Barn dry clean only) and a few new pillows. Thankfully it didn't get all the way through the mattress pad before I got it off. That just shows you how much she threw up!

Once we cleaned her up, she immediately fell asleep on the couch. She woke up 2 hours later only to be sick again. Back to the couch. Drink of water. Sick again. This went on another 2-3 times. The good news is that since the first episode we are now only hitting hardwood floors or toilet :)

I pray that Drew does not come down with the bug, or me! Pete is gone and I have advised him to stay away. That is fine by him...but being the super sweet daddy that he is, he offered to send Izzy a little something. I'm not being sarcastic, I think it is sweet. He gets so upset when his princess is not feeling well. Speaking of not feeling well...do you know that this is only the third time in her 4.5 years she has had a stomach bug?

All I know is it is going to be darn hard to keep a house clean and try and sell it if kids are puking round here! The silver lining is that my washing machine does have a "vomit" cycle ;)

*I PROMISE Uncle Wes that you will get your Happy Birthday video posted just as soon as the kids are back to their perky little selves.

2 comments:

jaclyn said...

Glad Izzy is feeling better - hope you all stay healthy!

~aj~ said...

Seriously, a vomit cycle? I've never heard of such a thing! :)

I sure hope Izzy is feeling better by now and that no one else in your family has caught it. It always makes me so sad to think of the kiddies being sick like that. :(