Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Theatre

Is it theater or theatre? I think theatre is the fancy was to write theater :) Who knows?

Whatever.

Izzy and I went to see a production of Annie today. Annie was one of my favorite plays and I still remember the first time I saw it performed at our local children's theater. I was so excited to share this memory with Izzy and hoped that she would enjoy it just as much. We were so fortunate to be able to get tickets as two of the four performances were completely bought out. It was in a very small theater. The play was performed by children all under 12! It was fantastic and Izzy had a wonderful time. She is already talking about seeing it again, as well as any other play performed by children. I love that she seems to have an interest in "the arts".

On our way to the show...in matching outfits, of course!
Photobucket

Since Izzy and I were wearing our Sunday best, we wanted Drew in a picture with us - uhhh, I mean Buzz ;)
Photobucket
I think this is day 4 of the outfit.

Here she is anxiously awaiting the performance
Photobucket

I quickly snapped a picture at the end of the show for Izzy. She keeps zooming in on characters and remembering specifics. I am still smiling thinking about how much she enjoyed herself.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Christie said...

Oh, I love Annie. You and Izzie look completely adorable in your outfits!

jac said...

you both look gorgeous! so fun!

~aj~ said...

I also remember the first time I saw Annie on stage. She'll treasure those memories!

And where or where do you get your matching outfits? Not that I'll end up matching my boys anytime soon, but the cuteness factor is too much for me to refrain from asking.