Friday, March 12, 2010

Backyard Fun!

There are so many reason why I loathe this house. BUT one of the reasons I LOVE this house is for the lot it sits on. The property wasn't conducive to small toddlers, but it is so great for them now! If we were staying here then we would add a big swing set and playhouse to the yard. But since we aren't, we will just use what mother nature gave us.

Photobucket

You might notice three cute backsides in the picture - well, Miss Rylie-dylie joined us for the afternoon. Her baby brother Max wasn't feeling well, and Mama Stephanie was kind of tired so we picked up RC and brought her to our house. As soon as she got in our car and Izzy noticed her outfit, Izzy declared she wanted to change her pants (she already had on the matching sweatshirt) so they could be twins. How fun are 5 year old girls!

Photobucket

The plan was for the kids to have ice-cream and play while I put pine needles down in the front yard...

Photobucket

But, with the kids in the backyard I couldn't very well leave them unattended...

Photobucket

There was sand digging, "meatball" making and treks to the "island"...(the island is that pile of sand/pebbles in front of the girls in the above picture)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't help but smile when I look at these pictures. I LOVE that my kids love to "be kids" - love to explore, aren't afraid to get dirty, and can use their imaginations for endless fun! All that out door fun leads to some very dirty kids. The girls were shuffled up to the kids tub and Drew got to take a bath in the kitchen sink.

Look at that face
Photobucket

His "King Boo" face (can you say too much Mario Kart)
Photobucket

We asked Rylie to stay for dinner and let me tell you...those kids sure can eat! I don't know if it was the fresh air or my superb culinary skills, but they all ate and obscene amount of food including: steak, broccoli, carrots/ranch, apples, strawberries, and mac-n-cheese. The only thing they did not eat was sauteed mushrooms. This feast was followed up by a brownie and High School Musical 3. Rylie left at 7:15 and I think my kids were asleep by 7:35.

Hopefully we have a few more weeks of backyard creek play before the bugs arrive.

1 comments:

~aj~ said...

I had NO IDEA you had a yard like that! Oh, my boys would be in HEAVEN. They go digging (we've completely destroyed the grass in one corner of our yard) as often as they can, but I can't even imagine all the fun...and MESS!...they'd have with a little creek in our very own yard. I love it! And it looks like your kiddos do too. How fun!