Thursday, March 11, 2010

Camping - Molly Style

Last Friday night Pete was out of town and I finally had to make do on my promise to the kids for a camp out in my room. I put it off for a couple reasons: one, I didn't think it would work - no one would actually sleep or they would expect me to go to bed with them, and two, I was afraid what Izzy envisioned by "camp out".

Thankfully, Izzy camps just like me...inside :-) All she expected was to sleep on my floor in her sleeping bag. No tent, no flashlights, no late bedtime...just my style.

Basically at 7:30 I went up to my room with the kids, read them books on the floor, and said goodnight. Poor kids - if they only knew how much better a real camp out could be...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Both kids slept just fine on my floor. Their sleeping bags/pillows were Christmas gifts from Pete's parents and they LOVE them! I felt silly because I actually worried about how much good sleep they would get, or if their backs might hurt the next day. Then I remembered...THEY ARE 3 AND 5! THEY WILL BE FINE!!!!

Maybe for the next camp out we will make s'mores...in the microwave :-)

1 comments:

mike said...

how sad is it that the first thing i thought of was "wow, their backs must've hurt the next day!"