Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sniff Sniff

My Izzy girl has her first loose tooth :-(

Beginning yesterday I thought Izzy's bottom tooth looked a bit crooked? It wasn't until tonight that it dawned on me to wiggle it. Sure enough it is loose.

I can't tell you how sad this makes me. It makes me SO sad!

...but when I register her for kindergarten next week I might be REALLY sad. I mean really really sad (but the first day of kindergarten be prepared for a HUGE ball of crazy - big loud snot wiping boo hooing crazy - out of me).

I lost my first tooth at 5 so why wouldn't she do the same, right? I guess I still think of her as so little and only "big kids" lose teeth.

My baby girl is growing up and I just don't know if I should celebrate it or mourn it? Guess I will do a little of both.

I am willing to put money down that Izzy will be overly dramatic when it comes to this tooth actually coming out. There will be no pulling. My guess is she will let it dangle til it just falls. And if you know me then you know I HATE loose teeth! This whole tooth bit might put me over the edge.

2 comments:

Cardio Kidz said...

Oh Molly. I know exactly how you feel. When Leah came up to show me her loose tooth and had on of my "Melancholy Mommy Moments" :(

Unlike you-it seemed way to early for her because my first tooth was lost at 6.

Time sure does fly doesn't it!

Kristin said...

Oh my!!! She's so advanced. Easton is quite enthralled with the idea of losing teeth but the dentist says he's got quite a way to go according to his x-rays. Only one kid in E's class has lost any teeth. I think I'll be like you...the sadness, the grossed-out-ness and all.