Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Super Fun Playdate

What a great day we had today! It started off with me getting up at 6:15 to go for a run. I am really starting to enjoy having some early morning time to myself. I think a little exercise really improves my mood and makes my day start off on a positive note. Once home I was happy to have an hour to myself until Izzy woke up. Then the two of us had another hour to play until Drew woke up! In my hour alone I paid bills and caught up on the phone with a friend who was on her way to work. The hour with Izzy was spent playing a game she invented called "obstacle course". Once Drew was up we had breakfast and got ready for our playdate.

We went over to Ian's house. Ian and Izzy went to school together. We were so excited when we got to Ian's and saw that Owen was also there. Owen also went to school with Izzy and according to her teachers Owen and Izzy were the bestest of pals at school. ...and of course Izzy's best friend Delaney was also there.

We were outside the entire time and it was like being at a park, pool and playground all in one. The kids had the best time. Drew was a bit fussy, but I only have myself to blame since I chose NOT to nap him yesterday.

I have no idea what this thing is called, but I remember riding on one as a kid and loving it. Apparently Izzy (and Ian) do too!
Photobucket

Drew and Owen had fun on this swing...
Photobucket

More swinging
Photobucket

Photobucket

Teeter-tottering
Photobucket

sliding
Photobucket

sand play
Photobucket

and finally some swimming
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our playdate we came home and Drew napped while Izzy had quiet time. Then we headed to our pool for the evening. We invited Delaney, her mom and sister along since her daddy was working late. The girls had a great time, of course. And Drew, well Drew has decided that he no longer needs a flotation device of any kind and will "duck walk" until the water comes up to his nose. As soon as you think you need to rescue him he pops up and laughs. ...then does it again. I am betting that he will swim before Izzy. Once the girls were done swimming we showered all the kids off and dressed them in pj's so that they were ready for bed.

Now really, does it get much better than that?

OH...and Pete's Father's Day Gift came today! Since he doesn't read the blog and chances are no one who talks to him does either I will tell you what I got him. If it gets back to him then oh well. I am not worried :)

For those who don't know (most of you) Pete is training for the Chicago Marathon. I got him the WAY AWESOME running watch. It is called the Garmin Forerunner 305 and if you have a chance you should look it up. It will track his running courses, his heart rate, and all sorts of other things. He can then see the various info on the computer. It will show him his course, what his heart rate was at the various steps, the elevation at those points and a bunch of other really geeky computer stuff. I know once he starts using it that he will love it and then I will want one.

Tomorrow night I get to cash in on my Mother's Day present. A girlfriend and I are going to the spa. I have a gift certificate for a massage and facial. After our various treatments we will hang out in the relaxation room and drink some wine. When I get home my kids will already be in bed for the night. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm still having a hard time with Father's Day ideas...too bad J doesn't run!

And all that stuff was in Izzy's friend's BACKYARD? When can *I* come over? :)

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to tell pete what he's getting for father's day! ;)