Thursday, June 26, 2008

Camel ride anyone?

We had a LONG day today. The kids and I left Omi and Papa's house at 10 am and did not return until 10 pm.

First stop: Cleveland Zoo

We often head to our zoo in NC so I knew the kids would love a chance to stroll through another zoo. I was just happy that one of my best friends from my working days would be able to join us. Michaelann and I worked together at Life Line Screening. We met before either of us had husbands - although I believe that when we met I was dating Pete. She will have to verify though. She now has one super cute little boy named Cole. He is 2.

Meet Cole
Photobucket

...and you know Izzy and Drew...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Don't you just love his glasses :)

Check out his tough guy look
Photobucket

So after seeing some of the animals we decided to take a train ride.
Photobucket

Izzy then headed down the "serpent slide". I took Drew down on my lap but he screamed the entire way. I don't think he liked that the slide was enclosed. Izzy however loved it and went down about 5times.

Photobucket

Next we stopped at the petting zoo
Photobucket

Then we went for a CAMEL RIDE! Cole and Mitchell (he is the son of a friend of Michaelann's and he was a huge help as he tagged along all day) rode the camel first. Izzy thought it looked fun and I was game. I really thought Drew would get a kick out of it too so I bought him a ticket, but he wimpered almost the entire time. It is not easy to hold a wiggling kid on top of a camel. Lucky me, I got to ride on the darn hump!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Drew preferred to "ride" on the turtle
Photobucket

Why is it that out of all the things we saw and did, it seems the kids most enjoyed a game of tag?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we left the zoo we headed to meet up with my Dad and Donna. We went to Donna's place and then to a really yummy place called "Scottie's" for dinner. We were fortunate to sit on the back patio which allowed the kids to stand up and run around a bit. I am not sure how either of them had the energy to walk let alone run?

Here is Donna having some girl talk with Izzy
Photobucket

And the kiddos with Grandpa Dave
Photobucket

Photobucket

You might think that when dinner was over we would call it a night. Not so. You see, I had a reception to attend the next night and had nothing to wear :) Honestly, I forgot to pack something. So the kids and I stopped at a mall on the way back to Wooster. At 7:30 after a hot day at the zoo and a dinner out I took the kids shopping. I stopped at Mrs. Field's cookies and got them each a jumbo cookie and told them they had to stay put in the stroller. They did a GREAT job while I tried on entirely too many clothes. Just an FYI...Express dressing rooms don't hold a double stroller as well as another person. I finally found a super cute outfit at Ann Taylor where the employees were so helpful! They brought out a basket of books for the kids and then proceeded to bring me outfit after outfit until I found "the one".

FINALLY at 9 we headed back to Wooster to Omi and Papa's house. An hour later we arrived.

0 comments: