Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let's Back up a Bit

I know you are all waiting with baited breath for my WV updates, but I need to back up to the week before we left. As you may recall Izzy was at dance camp. I've got a few more pictures and a rather boring video to share.

On Wednesday morning Izzy woke up and dressed herself. She has been big into dressing herself lately and usually does a decent job picking out an outfit. I keep telling myself every morning when I see her that I need to remember to set out two outfits at night and just let her pick one. One morning she came down in another pair of pj's because that is what she wanted to wear for the day. I then had to explain to her what her various drawers were for. Every once in a while a shirt is on backwards. If I ask her to switch her arms around then she insists on going back up to her room to do it. I am not sure exactly how she does it, but she must take off the entire shirt because although she comes down with it on "with the tag in the back" it is also now inside out. Oh well. So, this is what she picked to wear on Wednesday morning of dance camp week.

Photobucket

That outfit was actually on correctly. I felt bad telling her she was going to need to change. But, before she changed her and Drew took part in a new favorite game called "Puppy". How does this game work, you ask? Izzy and Drew each have a cage that they hide in. Izzy's is her oven and Drew's is under Izzy's kitchen sink. I will need to take pictures so you understand. Anywho, I then "buy" them for my pets and proceed to throw balls for them to fetch, take them on walks, and feed them. This morning they wanted to eat actual food like dogs. The best I could come up with was Coco Puffs.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Finally we were dressed and ready to head to dance
Photobucket

But not before my little love decided to pick me a flower (it is in his right hand)
Photobucket

And since the kids had to stop crawling and acting like puppies, they decided to walk other animals. The caterpillar and giraffe would be joining us on our ride to dance.
Photobucket

Here are the girls waiting for class to start
Photobucket

and an overhead shot
Photobucket

The next set of shots are from Thursday. Thursday was the last day of camp and we were allowed into the class for the last 15 min. to see what the girls had learned. We were prepped by Miss Betsy that the girls might be distracted by our presence and therefore unable to focus on the tasks. I was just excited to see 3 year olds in pink leotards. Oh, did that just sound creepy?

Izzy acting like the little lady she is
Photobucket

This is better
Photobucket

They started off by doing some stretches and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes".
Photobucket

Then onto some basic toe pointing...to the side, back and front.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We saw all the arm positions I mentioned before as well as plies and other moves I don't remember the names of. The girls concluded with a cute little curtsy.

Here is a quick video. My camera kept shutting off due to low batteries. Izzy is the blond in the middle in case you can't tell.



Drew was a complete pistol the entire 15 min. At one point in the video I start dancing with him which causes the camera to shake. Nice, huh? At one point I set him down and he went running straight for the front of the room. I don't know if he was going for the ballet bar or Izzy? Probably the bar. He just laughed the entire time - as he does whenever he escapes my restraints.

Izzy will be starting a dance class in two weeks. It is not at the same location the camp was. She will be taking classes with Delaney and Alexandra at a place Alexandra did another camp. It happens to be a bit cheaper - which was the deciding factor. Hopefully Izzy will do okay. She told me just the other day that she misses dance class. I told her that she will be starting classes again soon. She got so excited and said "I can't wait to see Miss Betsy! I've missed her." Whoops...

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Bryan and I are cracking up over the Coco Puff pictures...that's hysterical!