Monday, July 7, 2008

One Mom, Two Kids Needing Haircuts...Could it be Done?

The title says it all. While in Cleveland I decided that both kids were in dire need of haircuts. Okay, maybe it wasn't that desparate, but needed, yes. Izzy's ends were a bit fried from the sun and chlorine. Not to mention she still had a bit of wax in her hair from Christmas. (Note to self, the wax fell on her head on Christmas day while she was going potty. Pete had knocked a candle off a high shelf. No one was hurt thankfully. Pete took most of the hot wax to his arm.) Drew just needed a haircut - his second.

Why Cleveland? Well, they have a "Cut-n-Curls" place that has the fun cars to sit in. The kids are also able to choose a video to watch. Izzy had her second haircut at this location almost a year ago. Her first haircut was in Denver at "Snip Its" and cried the entire time. I thought at this fun location I should be able to handle both kids. One could play with the toys while I entertained the other while the haircut was performed.

What never occured to me, why I am not sure, is that both would be cut at the same time. Thankfully Izzy was a champ as Drew needed me to talk him through some rough spots. He just has a problem sitting still in general. I guess when someone is coming at his head with scissors it is even more difficult. He also did not like the cape. I remember Izzy wouldn't even wear one the first time she got her haircut.

Dueling vehicles...
Photobucket

Drew not aware he is about to have his hair cut. He is just enjoying driving the car
Photobucket

Drew NOT wearing a cape
Photobucket

Sometimes a good steady hand is needed to keep the boy in line
Photobucket

Just happy to be done and enjoying his pretzel and watching a little Dora
Photobucket

Izzy just enjoying her video while others work around her
Photobucket

Almost done - she got just under 3 in. taken off
Photobucket

And for those interested here is a slideshow from Drew's first haircut. I made this back before I began blogging and sent it to the parental figures.

Click to play Drew's First Haircut
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

0 comments: