Sunday, September 20, 2009

Awww Man...

I busted my camera's memory card. Drats. Double drats! So many things have happened in the last week and who knows when/if I will be able to retrieve the pictures? I will quickly jot down a couple things that I know a couple people have been wondering about.

Drew's tooth issue:
When Drew busted his lip a few weeks ago, the ER nurse told me his tooth looked loose. I found it interesting only because the nurse never actually touched the tooth. After talking to some friends who have had experience with tooth trauma I knew the signs to watch for. Sure enough, his tooth began to go gray. Last Tuesday, Drew took his first trip to the dentist. I was prepared for the absolute worst - behavior wise. I am happy to report that he did great! He had x-rays and a couple different people poking, wiggling, and prodding in his mouth and he barely whined. Good news is that his roots look good. Bad news...that could still change. So for now we wait and hope the tooth heals itself. We have a follow up in 8 weeks and will know more then.

School:
Izzy continues to LOVE school! She got her first homework assignment. It consisted of tracing her name, writing her name, and tracing/writing the letter of the week. The letter of the week last week was "L". Lunch bunch also started this week so on Tuesday and Wednesday Izzy stays until 1.

Drew is doing better and better every day! Last Monday and Wednesday he wore my watch so he would know when the hands pointed to the top, I would be back. On Friday I could not find the watch so I told him he had a clock in his classroom. Thankfully he was okay with this. Friday was also the first day that he walked in on his own without so much as a frown/whine. ...I think the Rescue Hero castle/characters on the floor helped :)

This week will be busy busy busy...Drew turns 3 on Saturday! I have yet to plan a party and probably won't even have one until mid-October. I am trying to clear clutter out of the house so we can have an open house on Sunday and get this house S.O.L.D!!! A couple weeks ago I thought we were about to get 2 offers...and nada :( Playing the role of a single mom is getting really really old!

OH! My highlight of the week was scoring some MAJOR deals at Gymboree. In addition to the regular sale prices, 20% more off was given, and I had a 20% off that coupon! I got Drew some shirts for next year that were priced at $3.99 - 20% off that and then 20% more off! That is nearly FREE! I also got Izzy a couple things cause how could I not? She was begging for a guitar shirt to match Drew. ...and you guys know how much I love to match my kids.

Okay, enough rambling. Thanks for listening.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I cannot imagine doing the single-mom thing for so long AND trying to keep a house in show-ready condition. Bless your heart!

And the tooth thing..hope it hangs on...although it IS just a baby tooth. Easton and his bus' up mouth with 3 chipped teeth...ugh! Been there!

How does everyone but me find such great Gymbo deals? Seriously, I'm never all that happy with stuff. But $3.99 shirts with 40% off? Amazing! I'd almost buy ugly shirts for that price. With Gymbo, you could sell them later and make back more than you paid for them! I wanna see what you bought...so I can go back and get them too LOL