Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Leader Day

I've mentioned before how the kids have "Leader Day" at school. On the assigned day the leader provides snack/drink and then makes all the important decisions for the class that day. The Leader selects the blessing, the book, songs, etc.

This past Friday both my kids happened to be the leader on the same day. On Thursday night Drew says to me (prompted by Izzy, I think), "Momma, can me and Izzy wearing matching things for school tomorrow?" Sure Drew...you and Izzy figure out what you want to wear :)

Here is what they selected, and unfortunately this was the only picture I snapped.
Photobucket

Izzy was so excited to be leader that she woke up at 5 for the day! Drew had not been to school in a week so the lure of him being leader is what got him back! ...and I really needed him to go since I was taking off for Cleveland right after I dropped them off.

For the record Izzy took water, mini snack pack oreo cookies, and string cheese. Drew took water, mini snack pack oreo cookies, bat/pumpkin shaped pretzels and carrots and ranch. That boy sure loves him some carrots and ranch and therefore assumes everyone else must too!

Since I didn't pick up that day I never got the full leader day scoop. However, since Drew only has 7 in his class and because I switched his day to last Friday since he was sick, ...he is up to be leader again on Friday!!!!!

0 comments: