Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sick Boy

We were supposed to be in Charleston, SC this weekend to house hunt, hang out with Pete, get our yearly family portraits done, go to the beach, etc. Instead, this little ball of love is the reason we had to cancel our trip.

Photobucket

This picture was taken on Thursday morning. He had just fallen asleep at 7:30 am after being up since 3 am! He was funny while he was awake - at 4:30 he asked to go to McDonald's. I told him it was closed and he then suggested we go to Target. At 6:15 I let him go downstairs alone. While I was dozing I heard the end table being moved, followed by, "Oh! Oh! There is the switch for dat white!" So down I came to give him a poptart and turn on the tv before I headed back upstairs to try and catch a few more zzz's. It was 7:25
when he came upstairs and announced it was morning time and we could now get up - then went silent. I saw this when I looked over the bed to see what he was doing.

Photobucket

Unfortunately he was only able to sleep an hour before I had to wake him up and take Izzy to school. And then that night he didn't go to bed until 10:45!!! ...and that lovely array of fleece color would be my most favorite robe ever...and Pete HATES it! I think he actually thought I threw it away when he bought me a new one last Christmas.

Poor Drew is pretty darn miserable these days. He has been to urgent care, as well as his doctor. We have had 4 different medications, and a nebulizer. He gets treatments every 4 hours, and I am to wake him during the night. Yesterday he was so bad that he would say two words (in a whisper) and then inhale hard. He was clearly having difficulty breathing. After he was evaluated the nurse said not only does she think croup, but also asthma? Go figure?

This is where we are at now: the boy is totally wired from all the meds. He is sleeping very little and is increasingly irritable (my guess is lack of sleep). The upside however, is that he is very into his mommy. He has always been a momma's boy but being sick I am all he wants. I have gotten so many sickly "I love yous" that I am secretly eating up all his needed snuggles!

Hopefully he gets well soon cause I am off for a little solo trip next weekend! ...I hate to think of leaving Pete with a sick boy, but hate more leaving my sick boy without his mommy :(

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Molly...I hate to hear your little guy is SO sick. :( Too bad about your trip, hope next weekend goes great, though!

I really hope he's on the mend very very soon!