Thursday, October 15, 2009

Magic Cloud

I usually let Izzy sleep with me on the nights Pete is out of town. So last night Izzy was in my room, and at 5:15 am I heard, "Momma, Momma". I rolled over and said "what" to Izzy, but when I opened my eyes she was still sleeping. Standing next to the side of my bed was Drew. He had climbed out of his crib (the railing is down) and walked into our room for the first time!

This is how our conversation went:

Me: "Drew, what are you doing in here?"
Drew: "Momma, can you hold me?"
Me: "Drew how did you get in here?"
Drew: "I came in on my magic cloud."

What I wanted to say was "tell your magic cloud to take you back to bed!" I have no idea if he is coming off of some weird "high" from his meds or if he just woke up and decided to tell me some story about a magic cloud? Regardless, he got into bed with me and Izzy and I never got back to sleep :(

********************************************************************

I dropped Izzy off to see "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" today with some friends (she had already seen it with Pete and Drew) and I asked Drew if he wanted to go to. He told me "no, cause it takes to long to get to the end." Don't you just love how children phrase things.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Bill said...

Timmy and Chris both get/got severe croupe with stridor, although so far Timmy's been good with oral steroids.
Chris is very sick, and for the first time in a long time, sleptwalked to our bed, then Timmy climbed in until Bill, muttering, "Ridiculous!!" put them back in their own beds. When does this stop? When they are 20?
Love,
Sue (Sleepless in Ohio)

~aj~ said...

What I wouldn't give for a magic cloud every once in a while!

I'll never forget the first time Adam appeared at the side of our bed. I think I nearly had a heart attack.

Sorry you never got any more sleep, but I bet your babies were as happy as could be, in the big bed with mama!