Monday, December 8, 2008

The Trip Home

We left for Reading, PA on Tuesday and the drive went awesome. We had services and such on Wednesday, and the kids rocked! So, the trip home Thursday could not possibly be great too. ...or could it?

It couldn't ;)

I think most people would have been very happy with how our drive home went. However, most people didn't get to do the drive there with not a single problem. Not a whine, a cry, a fight, a push, an ugly face, or a look in the wrong direction. They were perfectly pleasant and I actually enjoyed our time together in the car. I was able to catch up on some phone calls while the kids watched shows. We also belted out Christmas carols at the top of our lungs. As we drove through Washington, DC, we saw lots of helicopters and big buildings (that I pretended to know the names of). So...the trip back wasn't nearly as great.

I let the kids sleep in on Thursday morning. My family was meeting for breakfast, but there was no way I was waking my kids to get them dressed and out the door in time. Not to mention I had to pack up our rooms and the car. So, when my mom called to see if we were coming...well, she woke us...and it was 9. We got up and went downstairs in our pj's to try and beg for food. Who can say no to kids in footie pj's? They scored some yogurt, dry cereal (fruit loops - a new fave), banana and apple. LOVE that hotel! Once back in our room the kids ate while I packed the car. We then headed on out to market. The market is one of my most favorite places in Reading. It is a place filled with all sorts of yummy scrumdillicious food. The kids got cookies and doughnuts while I opted for iced bear claws and cream filled powdered doughnuts! It was there that we said our goodbyes to my Mom and Al.

The drive home really wasn't all that bad. We stopped once at McDonald's. After that Drew fell asleep for 42 minutes and then cried for 40 min! That was the worse of it.

...and I almost hit 2 deer.

We are thankful to have made the quick journey without any major mishaps. ...and now we are so thankful to be home.

0 comments: