Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today was Pete's 35th birthday. Fun fun! I wish I had better pictures to show for it, but unfortunately I don't :(

After Pete left for work, the kids and I headed out to pick up party supplies. Izzy had an entire theme all picked out for Pete's birthday - from the gift to the wrapping paper (sports). One of her favorite things to do is play Wii with Pete. They don't do it very often, but when asked what her favorite thing to do with Daddy is, the Wii is her answer. So, she decided he needed a new game. I asked Pete to give me suggestions of games he might like and he suggested we get the Wii Fit. He had known that I wanted one and since he didn't have any games he was pining for, he told me to go ahead and get that. Isn't he so sweet?

I digress...back to my story. The kids and I headed out to the Dollar Store to pick up our party supplies. Not only were we going old school with our party, but we were doing it on the cheap! I let the kids pick out everything they thought we would need. At one point I suggested Izzy put back the extra large party hat she wanted for Pete to wear, but she insisted we needed that too (we also had a 6 pack of regular party hats). Right after I made the suggestion and then saw her face I felt guilty over trying to save the dollar. All the girl wanted to do was throw her daddy the best bash!

We came home and immediately got decorating with our banners, crete paper, party hats, balloons and various other birthday related paraphernalia. I WISH I had pictures of all the decorations, but I don't.

Pete did not get home from work until after 7 so we decided to just do cake and presents. Tomorrow I would make him his birthday dinner of prime rib roast, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole (his choice).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pete also got numerous other gifts from family members. I gave him a very special photo album that I spend countless hours working on! It turned out great and he LOVED it :)

Izzy was the party hostess with the mostess. She insisted on doing EVERYTHING for Pete. She wanted to set the table, serve him his dinner, get his drink, and document it all with pictures. She was so funny playing photographer. The next bunch of pictures were all taken by her. Watch out Alisha or she will steal your clients!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course she made sure that he ate off the special plate.
Photobucket

I did try to get a picture of the kids and Pete for his birthday, but made the mistake of doing it after I brought the cake out. I couldn't get Drew to take his eyes off the darn thing.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday Daddy. We hope you had a fun party cause we certainly had fun planning it!

1 comments:

~aj~ said...

Happy birthday, Pete!

I love that last photo. He looks so happy with his babies, but all Drew cares about is that cake! lol

And I BET he liked that photo album. Happy birthday, indeed!