Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Beautiful Butterfly

It was only a matter of time before Izzy's first dance recital was upon us. Since the day she was born I had visions of her in her first dance costume. ...and a good one it is! She is a beautiful butterfly.

Izzy has been taking dance classes (ballet and tap) once a week since last September. The end is near, but with that comes pictures, rehersals, and finally the big performance.

Today she had pictures. Her hair needed to be curled and pulled up on the sides. She was to wear her pink tights, blush and lipstick. Here is the result.

Photobucket

Curling her hair proved to be difficult. Her hair is fine and does not hold a curl for long. Here it is right after we curled it.

Photobucket

You will see the curls did not stay too curly for long.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Drew entertained himself while I tried to get Izzy dressed and ready. However, next week I will be looking for childcare for him for her rehearsals. I want to be able to give Izzy my full attention for this special occasion. I will never get back her first dance recital and all that goes into preparing for the performance. I want to be able to watch her little face while she dances and focus on her eyes to see all the emotions she feels. ...and her sweet little smile that will certainly be plastered on her face the entire time - oh that sweet little smile! And well, Drew at 2.5 and all boy just won't let me focus my full attention on Izzy, so therefore he is gonna get the boot for rehearsals. Sorry kid.

Photobucket

1 comments:

jaclyn said...

Wow! What a fun day for Iz (and you)! She's growing up so quickly - quite the beautiful young lady! Have fun!